Thursday 21 November 2013

Puppies (2nd April)


Somewhere in the middle of the night, I believe it was about 2am, I was woken up. Now waking up in the middle of the night is nothing new to me. I normally just fall straight back to sleep but not this night. The dogs just would not stop barking, so I get up to investigate. No torch, in my pjs. Lucky it was warm and the moon bright.

So up to the yard I walk and I hear what I think to be a possum trapped in the back of Mitsy’s kennel. On closer inspection 2 puppies. Poor Charlie then gets woken up at 2am to help me organise a separate cage and kennel with a rug and a high protein bowl of food for Mitsy, ie. Dog biscuits, bread, milk and egg.

By morning there was 5 puppies. That’s what you get if none of the dogs get the snip. Only one was kept in the end. A crazy, hyper, fat little thing that after many name changes was called Rea.





No comments:

Post a Comment