Wednesday 20 November 2013

A Little Bit of Freedom! (16th Jan)

So while I can say I was enjoying myself at Wallendbeen, I can’t deny getting a bit bored and lonely. The ‘children’ gone back to school, uni, abroad. Gen working during the week in Canberra and very little to do on the weekend. Town being too far away to walk, no bus service. Outside of the village and knowing no one anyway.
This was actually my first change of scenery; babysitting just up the road, for a family member too. The place looks like a castle. Unfortunately I never got a picture. Was also my first chance to drive anywhere. Automatic will take some getting used to!
The babysitting was uneventful, the youngest already in bed when I arrived and didn’t stir all evening. And the eldest two, no older than 10, watched the Lion King  and put themselves to bed. So nice to be somewhere different and watch silly, fun TV. Watching films and whatever I wanted until midnight. It felt normal.
So really just a nice little interlude to what had become ‘normal’ and just kind of highlighted how important it is to do something occasionally! Don't realise how lonley and bored you get just doing the same thing in the same place even just for a couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment