Thursday 21 November 2013

Easter Funs! (31st March)

Easter Sunday!
Now this started with making sure I hurried back from Young in time for Easter celebrations. Of course I needn’t have bothered as no one was up for hours. It did mean I had time to make a stack of pancakes for breakfast. 40days late, I know but still appreciated.

Family tradition at Wallendbeen is an Easter Egg Hunt. Hunting this year were Charlie, Rosie and I. it isn’t a big deal I know but I had fun. We followed a trail of little silver eggs all around the garden, each claiming any of the trail we spotted.
And where was the main prize? Really it was the most obvious place imaginable if you stopped to think about it… in the chicken nest boxes.
Not eggs though, mine was a chocolate Bilby. I had never heard of Bilbies before coming out here: little bandicoots, extinct in 3 states and adorable. The money from chocolate Bilbies at Easter goes towards their protection.
In the evening, a big family meal next door.

So nothing really special, but a little something for Easter. And the best bit? Of course Mammi sent me a little prezzie. Who else would post duckie socks 10,000 miles?

No comments:

Post a Comment