Tuesday 28 January 2014

The Final Countdown (22nd-27th July)

My final week at Wallendbeen. I can't say I was all that sad about leaving. I'd had fun, but it was time to go! I had actually started packing days before leaving, made a point of getting all my laundry done, spent the week wearing clothes I knew I'd be throwing away not keeping. I didn't get rid of all my work clothes, just the worn out ones.
Hand-me-down jeans worn for 4 years and worked to death were cut into shorts and everything packed away, ready to travel.

My last real job other than the day to day was sowing a paddock. Not for crop, for pasture. And why was this paddock used just for pasture? Because it was an obstacle course: rocks, tree stumps, fallen branches, trees, gullies. If it was inconvenient it was in that paddock! It would be impossible to get any big machinery through that paddock. My challenge!
But preparing the seed was fun. About 12 different types of seed of varying amounts from 2 sacks to about 2 handfuls! All had to be evenly mixed... in a big bin a bit at a time until i had 8 sacks of pretty purpley-blue seed.

Sowing that paddock was not without it's little mishaps, as no paddock was but it was done. My time at Wallendbeen was done. I'd climbed the grain silo for some brilliant pictures. My final meal was wraps and falafels, hummus, sour cream, cucumber and other such yummies. And I was off to Young to start the next bit of my Aussie Adventure.


No comments:

Post a Comment